Winter tar wash spray

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter tar wash spray

One of my fellow plotholders sprayed his fruit trees and bushes in about january last year with a general tar spray and reckons it helped to reduce pest infestation during the year. Is it too late to spray apple trees with something to keep pests at bay? Last year, my newly planted apple cordons had their blossom and first leaf growth badly attacked by something while I was away in may. I don't mind using a spray if it's going to stop the bugs from spoiling this year's cropping but not if it's too late. The buds are there but nowhere near open as yet.

Im not sure but someone will put me right if I am ill informed but I think tar wash is a banned substance, but there is an organic version made by Growing Success you might want to check out, should have been done in the autumn but imo its still to cold for the bugs to be about nothing ventured nothing gained

Comment

PaulW I have just excavated the shed to find my bottle of Growing Success winter tree wash + - it says it can be used from August to December and reapplied in early spring (which I'm guessing is about now!) to the end of May. It also says it is not an insecticide and works through physical action. Suitable for organic gardening it says. I'm glad I found it, as my apples were rubbish last year due to one aphis attack after another!
      Hope this answers your question, Speed Gardener!
      Last edited by Jeanied; 22-02-2010, 06:23 PM.
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X