Lemon Eureka

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemon Eureka

Just received mine from T&M, bit expensive but I had a £10 voucher.

It states of the label it's a decorative plant - does that mean the lemons are inedible?
    aka Neil

I think it will be called decorative because it has flower/fruit for most of the year. They normally say 'not for consumption' if inedible

Comment

Eureka is the most commonly grown variety for consumption in California. But it is not very hardy and to get it to bear edible fruit in the UK is nigh on impossible if you don't happen to own Kew Gardens. So here it is just 'decorative'.
      Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
      >
      >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

When I opened up the box there was a single lemon which had a broken off. It was huge but probably the only lemon this tree is ever going to produce
        Attached Files
        aka Neil

Comment

Well, the cost of the tree plus the cost of the bottle of gin plus the cost of the bottle of tonic probably means that it is also the most expensive lemon it will ever produce.
          Last edited by sarraceniac; 20-03-2010, 09:09 AM.
          Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
          >
          >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Eureka produces good lemons in the uk it is probably the most comonly grown lemon in europe , but like all citrus its not frost hardy it is far more hardy than things like the meyer lemon ,
            they often mark citrus as ornimental as if its a plant with food on it it has different regulations about transport,storage, spraying of insecides, fertilisers , plant pasports etc so to sell it with fruit on so it looks good its easier to sell it as ornimental
            Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Thanks for all the info starloc, should settle an argument with my gfd
              aka Neil

Comment

I got a nice one from Aldi a few weeks ago, very good value at £12.50 with 4 fully grown lemons and loads of flowers, about 2ft tall.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by gojiberry View Post
                  I got a nice one from Aldi a few weeks ago, very good value at £12.50 with 4 fully grown lemons and loads of flowers, about 2ft tall.

Ian
                  They were realy good value and unusualy for a shop they seem very healthy as well
                  theres now a few people selling the same ones with the same aldi labels still on , for £29.99+p/p on ebay!
                  Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X