Blackberries in containers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackberries in containers

How successful are blackberries and raspberries that are grown in large patio containers??
    Can they fruit successfully?
    Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

My polka rasberrys fruited well last year in pots and are growing like mad again in the 30cm, pots.

Comment

Hi Blue411,

You should be fine growing them in a pot, as long as they get the right amount of water and nutrients. Good Luck and happy easter everyone.
      http://www.greenhousesensation.co.uk

Comment

I would personally prefer to grow them in open ground. Raspberries you might get away with, but blackberries can get enormous.

Comment

Ideal world were selling Tumeleen longcane raspberries for growing in pots yesterday, which would suggest that if you pick the right variety you will at least have a limited success. Blackberries I think are a bit to vigorous for a pot unless you have a very big one. The thornless one don't tend to be quite so vigourous but then they aren't as flavoursome either.

Ian

Comment

There are compact blackberrys, what would be fine in pots.

Comment

All the blackberries and raspberries that i have in pots grow and fruited well last year, so ive just recieved the reuben blackberry plants last week in the post and planted them in the morrisons flower buckets like the other varietys, they should be fine at one per pot for some time

If anything gets too many stems i move them to the soil as i just cant chop canes out i just let them grow unless they get very out of hand, or i chop them and split the pots to make more pots
              Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X