No announcement yet.

rhubarb when to pull the rhubarb off the plant

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suky, if you look in the drinking section (cant remember the name) rhubarb shnapps recipe is in there.
    From memory it came from AndrewO, but may be mistaken.
    I can assure you though that its absolutely beautiful, my only problem last year was that I didnt make enough!!
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

It's all relative isn't it?
      Our friends in the north of Sweden have theirs tucked away under 14 ft of snow!!

But yes- it could have rotted...good excuse for the first firtle of the year me thinks!!
      ...good luck!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I think it might have rotted. I'll have a look around the crown tonight and see if there are any signs of life. If not, is this a bad time of year to be planting a new bush?

Sadly no-one around me is growing any rhubarb, so not sure if it's just a local variation, but I think I placed it in a bad place as it got almost no sun over the winter and so got the frost really bad. Next one will be placed somewhere better

Thanks for advice.

Steven
        http://www.geocities.com/nerobot/Bir...shingThumb.jpg

Comment

I am in Glasgow and I am eating my forced rhubarb. I did not have any losses of rhubarb, but I have heard of others loosing theirs.

Comment

Looking around at the rhubarb, I think it has died. Oh well, gave me a good excuse to go out and buy three more crowns
            http://www.geocities.com/nerobot/Bir...shingThumb.jpg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X