Growing Melons

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing Melons

I've decided to shoehorn in two melon Blenheim Orange plants into the greenhouse.
    The options are, in the north end of the GH, either corner, or at the south end, either side of the door.
    The rest will be (very) filled with tomatoes.

Warmest at back away from the wind, or sunniest but probably a bit more in the gusts of wind at the front?

Advice appreciated.
    Last edited by womble; 06-05-2010, 04:18 PM.
    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Can you do one in each and compare for next year? I'm growing one in our porch just by the front door and one outside up the aviary... have to wait a few months to see which produces the best fruit though.

Comment

No, because they are going to be growing over an arch that has to go front or back.

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Ahh, don't know then, sorry

Comment

It was a good idea

Comment

I've had another thought.

If I grow it properly and train the main stem up the canes (arch) aren't you supposed to train the sideshoots off to either side.
            I wouldn't have space to do that in either corner.

Maybe in the middle of the GH would be better?

Is there someone out there who has grown Blenheim Orange before please give me some idea how big the sideshoots grow before you stop them and let the fruit grow on?

Or any other help at all!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X