Gooseberry: pink shriveled and falling off

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gooseberry: pink shriveled and falling off

I'm getting fed up now. I wouldn't mind but we haven't even been forecast frost but apparently there's been one down t'lottment. Plum tree blossoms blackened, along with strawbs and now fruits forming on gooseberry bushes are pink, shriveled and falling off. Is this frost as well or something else? What is the point in fruit bushes/trees flowering in April then getting kicked in the jewels come May. Angry. Very Angry.

Yes it's frost, my gooseberries have lost about half of their crop. In one way it's not the end of the world for me, as I never thin the crop, so I presume this year I will get fewer, but bigger berries.
    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Thanks for the reply womble. I asked one of the old guys in the end and he said his were the same. He's also lost plums. I was surprised because I couldn't find much on gossegogs being frost damged as they're supposed to be well hardy. This year has been freaky weather wise though. According to Metcheck the temps are gonna get close to zero again at th beginning of next month. Was hoping to get the toms and chillies out too - rapidly running out of space.

Comment

I've never had frost damage on my gooseberries before either.
        "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X