Strawb beds.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawb beds.

Hi , Ive got a 6"x6" patch that I would like to grow my strawbs on, has anyone got any tips for preparing patch please and best times to do it?????
    cheers,
    p54jes

hi do you mean 6 foot by 6 foot? i think you would only get 1 plant in a 6" square plot lol!

"Strawberries do not produce deep roots, but they very much appreciate their soil being well-dug to a spades depth. Prepare the soil at least one month before planting. Incorporate as much organic matter as possible and include two handfuls of bonemeal per square metre (yard). A few days before planting apply the recommended dose of general fertiliser such as Growmore. Strawberries are greedy feeders over a relatively short period of time."
    The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul.

- Alfred Austin

Comment

Get your bed prepared now. Clear all perennial weeds, and add organic matter and bonemeal as Milly says. Best time to plant strawberries is early autumn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X