types of grape

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• types of grape

I live near liverpool in the north of England and I'm looking for advice on varieties of grapes that are suitable for growing outdoors in large containers.

Welcome to the Vine fellow Liverpool person

I understand these are German varieties bred for northern climates. I imagine if they are grown against a south-facing wall they would do ok but I haven't tried grapes yet myself. Let me know how you get on.

MADELEINE ANGEVINE
    SEYVAL BLANC
    PHOENIX
    BACCHUS
    SIEGERREBE
    RONDO and REGENT
    LEON MILLOT

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

I have a couple of marechal foch growing, i got them from morrisons this year with a couple of bunches of mini green unripe grapes on, i changed them into 15 litre pots in april/may and just left them to take over, they have sprawled everywhere climbed up the plum trees and are covered in bunches of dark red/black grapes, i have about 40 bunches of grapes between them, all very small grapes as this type just has small grapes, they say there for wine but they taste good if you can ignore the pips, next year i will try spraying the flowers with something like ga3 to remove the seeds

the only other thing ive done was a few sprays of captan to stop milldew, and one feed of weak miracle grow

were just making some jam from them today
      Last edited by starloc; 26-09-2010, 12:08 PM.
      Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X