Strawberries advice please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberries advice please

I have today receved my order of Strawberrie plants they are Cambridge Favourite but as the weather is not too good and the ground is frozen i am not going to plant them now but,i have a couple of plants that look like there dead to be honest ,not too sure what to do with those ones.

But the rest i have placed in a seed tray and planted up in some moist potting compost,have i done the right thing or should i do some thing else with them

Thanks for any help,all the best,Ian
    Last edited by Ian White; 01-12-2010, 09:42 AM.

yes, they should be ok. The dead looking ones may also be ok. Give them a good soak and then stick them in compost as well.

Comment

Thanks very much,but how long can i keep them like that ?,the weather is not ment to be too good for the week or so.

All the best,Ian

Comment

I'd be keeping them in a cold frame until April, myself
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily keep them in a cold frame that long but I would agree that's probably your best bet till spring arrives. I'd be for having a good go at your supplier. Bit silly despatching them in this weather.

Comment

Perhaps a daft question (get used to it ) but if you keep them in a cold frame how often do you have to water them if they aren't getting fed by the rain?
            Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

Same advice as at any time of year: water them if they feel dry
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                Same advice as at any time of year: water them if they feel dry
                Cheers, thanks.

Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

I don't have a cold frame and I've just ordered 12 plants from Mr F, despatch says from Jan 11, what should I do with them when they arrive?

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X