Doughnut peach tree

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doughnut peach tree

Does anyone know where I can buy a "doughnut" peach tree from? Or what the proper name, or when I have to plant it?
    Thank you. (in anticipation!)

I think you may be referring to a flat peach - which I think is too delicate for our climate - it originated in China IIRC.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I have seen one growing in a large greenhouse here - we are quite warm on the South Coast, I shall live in hopes!

Comment

I've got one.
        Bought it about 5 yrs ago from Marshalls ( I think)

We had ours in the greenhouse in Cheshire and then brought it with us a couple of years ago where it lives outside against a south facing wall.( we had -15C last year and it survived)

I'm sure it was called a Jalousa- or something very similar...but can't for the life of me find any information about it

Good luck with hunting one down!

Oh...and the fruit it produces are absolutely delicious!!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Here you go - it is the last one in the peaches section

Reads Nursery - Peaches and Nectarine Trees
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Ohh I love reads nursery !

Comment

My standard peach I cover with thich (clear) polythene from Jan, through to fruiting, its also against a S facing wall. I get no Peach leaf curl & masses of fruit

Comment

oh I knew I shouldn't look too many exciting trees !

Comment

Thanks Jeanied, I have just ordered it from Reads. I have only tried one once and it was gorgeous.

Comment

Thanks also for hints how to look after it, I shall wrap it up well next winter!

Comment

donut peaches

The donut peaches are actually called Saturn peaches, and you can order them at Stark Bro's Nurseries & Orchards Co - Since 1816. I hope this helps you. Good luck!

Comment

Its great to add info to old thread.
                        But advice on somewhere more local would be preferred. My geography tells me Louisiana is nowhere near the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Mell View Post
                          My standard peach I cover with thich (clear) polythene from Jan, through to fruiting, its also against a S facing wall. I get no Peach leaf curl & masses of fruit
                          hi i have a peach coming hopefully this week, if i keep it covered with polythene how will the flowers get pollinated, do you take it off in the day and put back on at evening.
                          Rita

Comment

Yes you could do that, or check weather forecast if any frost predicted for night time only then cover it otherwise it is should be ok.
                            If you ordered bare root trees they should arrive still dormant. It's only container ones if stored inside could have blossom on.
                            And if no insects around use a paint brush and pollinate it yourself.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X