Garden Bargains website

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gojiberry View Post
    Had a 4 tree pack last year which was planted late winter. One never grew at all, one started to grow and was then hit by a late frost and never recovered. The other two are doing great. I contacted garden bargains early Nov and have since received two replacement trees without any hassel. Have had no problems with dealing with this company.

Ian
    so even though two didn't grow you still got replacements, cool

Comment

Are the trees from GardenBargins not covered by a lifetime guarantee.

I am sure mine came with a leaflet about this.

Comment

I think the issue is that sometimes with online companies transactions don't always run as smoothly as people would like. I have used various gardening companies online and had an excellent service, however others have complained about late deliveries, poor quality goods. At the end of the day you take more of a risk buying plants online as if you were at a garden centre you would scrutinize the plants before purchase, here you are trusting the supplier. However, we do get them cheaper! Unfortunately with a lot of online companies services does seem to vary from customer to customer.

Comment

i completely agree greenhouse thank you everyone and no they didnt come with lifetime cover but my blueberries came aswell all healthy and have been potted up in ericaecious compost

Comment

Originally posted by joshie View Post
            i completely agree greenhouse thank you everyone and no they didnt come with lifetime cover but my blueberries came aswell all healthy and have been potted up in ericaecious compost
            All GardenBargin tress come with a ‘Lifetime Guarantee’ All other plants are unconditional guarantee for the first 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by WrexTheDragon View Post
              All GardenBargin tress come with a ‘Lifetime Guarantee’ All other plants are unconditional guarantee for the first 30 days.
              oh good its just it didnt say but thank you

Comment

Are the trees from GardenBargins not covered by a lifetime guarantee.
                Is that the lifetime of the trees, or.....

Comment

Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
                  Is that the lifetime of the trees, or.....
                  Since most trees that die, will die from disease, damage or drought (all of which would be the owners fault for neglect), then I don't see that a "lifetime guarantee" is worth anything. If you let the tree die, then I doubt that you'd get a refund or replacement.
                  On the rare occasion that a tree doesn't grow after planting, then you'd expect any nursery to offer a replacement. However, very few trees fail in the first year - unless you forget to water them!
                  Last edited by FB.; 12-01-2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Taken from their website.

"All our plants are supplied with an unconditional guarantee for the first 30 days. Our unique ‘Lifetime Guarantee’ also means that if at any time in the future your plant does not thrive, you can have a replacement FREE OF CHARGE, without question – all you have to do is cover the SH&I (shipping, handling & insurance) currently at £6.99."

Comment

Taken from their website.

"All our plants are supplied with an unconditional guarantee for the first 30 days. Our unique ‘Lifetime Guarantee’ also means that if at any time in the future your plant does not thrive, you can have a replacement FREE OF CHARGE, without question – all you have to do is cover the SH&I (shipping, handling & insurance) currently at £6.99."
                      Do you have to return the dead tree (at your expense) as proof, or can we all say that our tree died and we'd like another......and another......

Comment

Dunno, I'll let you know :P

Comment

i had the very same mini orchard as you last may/june time from the same place!

they took a while to be delivered(actually i think i just wanted them there and then-it was around 10 working days i think-so not so terrible when i look back LOL)

because it was late in the season,when i got them-potted them next day after soaking roots,buds appeared,all blossomed but they all got burnt from the sun as it was quite hot last juneish so didnt have any fruits at all :-( very dissapointed especially after all the lovely blossoms.

however,this year they are budding up a treat already-the apple tree has kicked into life and so has the pear,plum and cherry.

the only problem i have was the top half of my bramley is dead,but the lower branches are fine so i am planning to prune off the dead and fan out the lower branches.

so other then that,i am hoping to get some lovely fruits off my mini orchard this year-in my 1st full year of ownership!

Comment

I have just bought the 4 tree mini orchard and it was delivered in good time and all seems well so far, they were an impulse buy then I researched the company and panicked abit but it was all fine
                            http://seasonalfamilyrhythm.blogspot.co.uk/ - My new blog

Comment

Remember you can get Quidco points for Garden Bargains (I think TopCashBack too).

Comment

No proof of death was asked for. I just rang up and the replacements were sent.

Ian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X