Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apricot trees

hi,
    i have tried to grow an apricot tree, but when i btought it home it did not look good. are they easy to grow or are they tender? i have one cooking apple tree, 2 eating apples and a plum tree and a pear tree as well as 2 fig trees in my garden and all are doing well. also 2 grapes so i do not think it is weather that killed it. as i am unsure of trying again as they are not cheap, any advise please?
    many thanks

I don't have one yet, but a friend has one and it gre very big in just a few years and does well for him, can you complain to the supplier ?

Comment

How long did you have the apricot tree for? If you had just bought it then you could complain.
      I have never grown one but I would imagine if you can grow a fig then it should not be too cold for the apricot...the frost might prevent them fruiting by killing off the flowers but I believe there is a later flowering variety available now?
      BTW, welcome to the Vine FC!

Comment

Hi I bought a dwarf apricot tree five years ago by mail order it is now 30ft high in order to get fruit I have to put a lit hurricane lamp under it on nights when frost is forecast once it flowers in march, the fruit is worth the trouble.

Comment

Apricot trees are hardy and mine did not turn a hair during the last two severe Winters. It is the flowers that can be frosted.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X