Cheap Fruit trees

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Fruit trees

Wilkinsons have a variety of fruit trees in at the moment ranging from £3.28 to £4.50ish (Cant remember precisely)

I bought a fig tree and a kiwi tree for £6.60ish.

They look like twigs sticking out of a plastic bag, but we'll see what happens

I got a cheepo Apple tree last year, looks fine but no apples as yet. Maybe just to young
    Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

I like that description of them.. better than bare root anyway It's amazing how they grow mind - I had the same last november odd when I planted them - looking at picture the growth is staggering.

Comment

The Brown Turkey that I bought from a nursery arrived this morning, its in a 2Ltr pot and is 18" high, so this twig is bigger and sticking out of a pot.

5 times the price though.

we could have a Wilco v Nurseries trial here
        Last edited by Davyburns; 13-01-2011, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I spotted some fruit trees at Sainsburys Homebasefor £9.98 - Discovery apples, Conference pears, cherries, Victoria plums - they looked pretty good in pots - forgot to check what rootstock they were on so need to have another look at them.

Gorsty

Comment

Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
            The Brown Turkey that I bought from a nursery arrived this morning, its in a 2Ltr pot and is 18" high, ...........
            Have you had any eggs from it yet, or is it for next years Christmas dinner.........lol
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Gorsty View Post
              I spotted some fruit trees at Sainsburys Homebasefor £9.98 - Discovery apples, Conference pears, cherries, Victoria plums - they looked pretty good in pots - forgot to check what rootstock they were on so need to have another look at them.

Gorsty
              Probably MM106 for the Discovery, Quince A for the Conference and St.Julien A for the Victoria.
              They are very common "medium vigour" rootstocks that are suitable for all kinds of purposes. Often listed as "grows to 3-4 metres", if no specific rootstock is mentioned (sometimes they just say how big it could get in good conditions).
              Of course, soil quality and pruning can make a very big difference to how big the trees actually get.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X