Gloire de Sablon currant

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloire de Sablon currant

I have come accross this current in the pages of a gardening mag and am quite tempted. I assuem it's a sport of a red currant and if I buy, will treat the same way. Tales of experience welocme. it does look pretty.

PS can I plant in a pot - I seem to remember soem dsicussion of that fairly recently - last 5 months or so.

LB

Purchased one last year and took cuttings straight away. So now have several plants. The original is in a tub and is just starting to show signs of life, good sized plant and looking in the peak of health. Didn't let it fruit last year but looking forward to fruit this year. I believe it is a cross between a white and red currant.

Ian

Comment

Thanks G.

The advert in the mag ("just £13.95") is a bit rich - a very quick web search shows an equally reputable seedsman selling a 1 year old plant for £7.95 plus c£5 p&P.

LB

Comment

Well, my Rosecurrent "Gloire de Sablon" arivedon Saturday from Sutons, and very healthy it looks too. Full marks to them.

I had thought it was a redcurrent/whitecurrent cross or a sport of redcurrent (see previous posts) but it looks much more like blackcurrent. I rang Suttons, and sure enough, I am to treat it like a blackcurrent. (Fruits on old wood, etc etc.)

So now we know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X