Attention chrismarks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention chrismarks

Your private message box is cluttered and needs a spring clean.

Time to stop sunbathing and do a bit of weeding of those unwanted PM's.

Anyway.....having had numerous problems with this site today, the summary of what I was trying to say was:

Hi, Chris.

I've tried multiple times to send further messages today and the website keeps crashing.

I can't now remember what I have managed to send to you and what failed, so if I left anything unanswered, drop me another message.

Anyway....in summary I was trying to say:

The basic point was:

Different varieties and different rootstocks have specific growth habits. Some varieties/roots have thick trunks, others have thin trunks.
    Some varieties produce lots of closely-spaced branches, others produce a few branches with long "inter-node" distances.
    Rootstock and scion can mutually influence each other in terms of growth habit, just as they "average-out" their vigour.

I made a sketch of MM111 v M25, which shows the lightly-built, "twiggy" structure and drooping of the slender branch tips of MM111 (and also masses of fine roots good for finding water).
    The M25 has a strong, heavy, solid structure with better anchorage.

I have also asked Chris to clear his inbox, FB....but I think he's still sunbathing!

Comment

Sorry, didn't notice as the count as at the bottom of the screen now, not the top!

Cheers zaz for heads up..

Sunbathing, I wish lol... Carting a lot of soil from one garden to another to re-turf it!

Thanks FB, really useful hopefull come November I should have drained your brain enough to be able to get some suitable trees

Northepaul- sorry! If it's about the alpines there is enough space in there now, so yep pm away!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X