garden takon a batering from the wind

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garden takon a batering from the wind

hi all wots the damage out there my plot have taken a bartering pots leaf stems broken runner beans bottom leafs gone all so my toms leafs all so broken im gutted

Not too bad here Mdjlucan but very windy. Put out my bedding plants as I am pushed for time but they are so tiny I am not hopeful. Sorry to hear about your veg. Is there anything to save? The beans might recover if there is still some stem left so try it before you dump them. Also, and I know it sounds daft, but if the bean stems are not completely broken you might be able to repair them with a bit of tape. I have done it before now and it worked for me. How badly are the toms affected. If they have just lost some of the lower leaves you could try replanting them but put them deeper into the pot, making it a shorter plant. It should root further up the stem.

Comment

beans stems not broken just lost first bottom leaves same as the toms

Comment

Fed up chasing polycarb from my greenhouse all over the plot. Although we have had bad winds the plants seem ok, I think the allotment is quite sheltered by large trees.

Comment

I lost about 10 pumpkins.. thought they were sheltered. My new apple tree has had a few small fruit blown off and blossom a few weeks back. Have moved to to a more sheltered place now

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X