Feijoas? Anyone any advice?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feijoas? Anyone any advice?

After working on an organic garden in New Zealand a few years ago, during feijoa fruiting season, I've been a little obsessed with trying to get hold of these lovely fruit.
    After trying seeds, which declined to germinate, I managed to find a plant for sale and grabbed it.

I wasn't sure what to do with it for the best, and as it seemed to be in a pretty big pot for the size of plant, I left in in there until I get space in the allotment sorted... Unforunately, I managed to do something weird to my back shorly afterwards, in June, (which has been permanently due to get better in a few weeks, according to the doctors) so I've barely been able to do anything until I can get meself fixed up again. Meanwhile, the poor feijoa managed to somehow be the only thing that appeared to totally dry out while outside this summer (rather than drown), while I was away- and it lost all it's leaves. I let it be in the hope it wasn't totally dead, and it's now put out a few little dodgy looking leaves.

So.. I'm a bit of a beginner and I have no idea what I should now do for the best- I'm now clearing land at the lotty- got a few friends to help, before I get it taken off me- should I try and plant it out? Should I leave it in the pot and hope it gets healthier by spring? I don't even know if they're self fertile, or if I'll need two. I'm both hoping for general feijoa advice (the nursery I got it from said they may get more in), and first aid for the poor thing in the pot. Thanks for all advice!
    My spiffy new lottie blog

I would just water it for the moment. Googled and Wikipedia has info on cultivation.

Best of luck
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X