Sickly Blackcurrant

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sickly Blackcurrant

Can anyone help diagnose my poorly blackcurrant?

The bush is newly planted this year. I received him bare rooted from a special offer in a magazine. I planted accoring to the instructions in some newly dug ground which is open and about 5 feet from our leylandii hedge.

I have fed and watered during the dry summer we've had and he flourished beautifully. During the last 2 weeks the leaves have developed ugly brown patches on the front with what looks like small dark brown spots on the back which rub off. The leave gradually curl up and drop off.

We did spray some old tree stumps nearby but were carefull not to get any on the black currant.

If it's a disease can it be cured or has it fallen victim to our tree stump killer? my head says remove the thing and burn it but my heart says try and save it.

It has been quite a damp mild spell lately which has encourages all sorts of fungal things to appear. At this time of year, the leaves will be dropping shortly anyway so I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Once the leaves have dropped, rake them off and add them to the bonfire heap. Then wait to see what happens with your bush next year.

Comment

^^^ Exactly what ABP says. It's Autumn and your fruit bushes should be losing their leaves now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X