snapped blueberry

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snapped blueberry

overnight some kindly critter has snapped off one on my blueberry plants....a clean break above the soil line.

can this be rescued?. is there anyway of getting the snapped off portion to form roots, or is a lost cause now?. i know in NZ my mum used to take cuttings and stick them in a rooting hormone somethingarather and get a new plant.....is there anything like that here in the UK?.

thanks in advance.
    Finding Home

Not sure how successful any attempt to root cuttings will be but I would be inclined to try to take heel cuttings as well as prunings. A dab of hormone rooting powder(available in most garden centres) and stick them in a gritty compost mix and set aside. don't allow the pots to dry out but don't overwater either.

Comment

I wouldn't try to get the snapped plant to produce roots, even if it does these young roots would struggle to maintain the mature plant above unless you prune it very hard.

So, probably best to try and take cuttings, I found an old thread on here which looks very useful --> http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...tion_4317.html

Comment

Would this work?...

How to Fix a Broken Plant Stem | eHow.co.uk
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Just for your info Lidl has a gardening event starting tomorrow blueberry bushs £1-49p or 4 of any fruit plants for a £5.

Colin
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

thanks for your replies guys, i'll check the links after work. for now i have the stems in water and will decide what to do after a read!.
            Finding Home

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X