Strawberry plants - what to do with them

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberry plants - what to do with them

I've just been given a whole bunch of strawberry plants - what exactly do I do with them at this time of year in Surrey? Shold I plant them in the ground and cover with straw? If so how should I prepare the ground?
    Also there seem to be may "rooting points" should all of these be planted as a part of a long chain?
    As you might have gathered I'm not normally a fruiter, so any pointers from you clever folk would be much appreciated.

Sever all the bits of the chain so that you have lots of little plants. Find a bit of ground where you want them to grow and spread, and plant them out. They're very hardy and don't need any protection from frost.

Comment

Plant them out as Veggiechicken said. Don't plant too deep though, just to the level they were previously at.

Comment

Or if you've not got any spare ground at the moment, you can plant them up in 3" pots and leave them outside over winter to sort properly in the spring.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X