Summer fruit favourites

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No prickles is always a plus!

Oooh a jostaberry hedge...now that's an idea...time to re-plan my summer fruit area perhaps?

Laura
    Keep up to date with GYO's breaking news on twitter and facebook!

Twitter: @GYOmag
    Facebook: facebook.com/growyourownmag

Comment

Laura, I try to integrate my fruit bushes into the garden - as I don't have an allotment with a fruit bed.
      Here's a photo from last year of a jostaberry growing alongside a flight of steps - there are blackcurrants on the opposite side. I love fruit

Attached Files

Comment

Looks gorgeous VC

I love fruit, too, so versatile (but rarely makes it very far once picked! Usually eaten on the spot!)

Laura
        Keep up to date with GYO's breaking news on twitter and facebook!

Twitter: @GYOmag
        Facebook: facebook.com/growyourownmag

Comment

A good old fashioned apple with a lump of cheese To which end I planted a Lord Lambourne a few years ago (Mrs BB's all time favourite)
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Hi speedy Gardner,
            We have a jostaberry bush and know we spoke to had heard of it. We had loads of fruit last year and my wife made some jam, very nice! A little like bit like black currant, looks like we will be having another good crop this year.

Comment

Guava and mangoes are my most favorite fruits, we have a very big garden here at aged home. We use to grow some fruit trees here, eating fresh mangoes from this garden is really good i never tasted a good taste like this ever.

Comment

I managed to grow melon last year and the taste was amazing. Picked still warm from the sun the smell was sweet and yet flowery, cut into it and the juice runs up your arm and the taste is like warm melted honey.
                Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Originally posted by Michaelcc View Post
                  Hi speedy Gardner,
                  We have a jostaberry bush and know we spoke to had heard of it. We had loads of fruit last year and my wife made some jam, very nice! A little like bit like black currant, looks like we will be having another good crop this year.
                  I've got two jostaberries. One in my garden fruiting, one in my allotment with no fruit. Can't understand it!

Comment

Back in my youth my parents had a greengage tree. Ripe freshly picked greengages are heavenly and nothing like the hard, tasteless, wizened things you occasionally see in the shops. I haven't had a decent greengage for 30 years, as I haven't room for a tree myself
                    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X