Live and learn

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live and learn

some years ago i bought some blackcurrant cuttings from a pound shop,these were very successful,so i trimmed them and planted the cuttings into a seed bed,these grew well,and after i gave up keeping the chooks,i planted the new plants into an area they used to potter about in,the original bushes all grew to about 4ft high,but the new ones are now heavily laden with fruit(i have had to strengthen and heighten the supporting wires three times now) and as of yesterday,when i measured them,the tallest is 7ft 4ins,and we have loads of new shoots growing from the bases to give us a better crop next year.at a rough guess we will get well over 15lbs of fruit this year,all from 2 scrawny twigs from a pound shop,if i had known this i would have got some years before and after asking around,no-one local grows any,but a lot dont eat any veg up here(insert captain mainwarings favourite remark to his youngest recruit)

Blackcurrants must be the easiest thing to take cuttings from, they're so forgiving
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X