honey berry question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honey berry question

http://i43.tinypic.com/10ict2s.jpghello everyone what a summer we are having.
    just a quick question i have two honey berries growing in my garden (i think) my hubby and sister says that they are honey suckles and that i must not eat the fruit as it's poisonous. can anyone tell me if this is a honey berry, i bought them off a magazine.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/bitoyb.jpg
    Rita

Those red berries don't look like honeyberries to me Rita. I think they're supposed to be blue.

Have a look here https://www.google.co.uk/#gs_rn=20&g...w=1024&bih=677

Comment

The berries look like honeysuckle berries. I wouldn't eat them without knowing for sure what they are. As Rusty says, they're not Honeyberries - sorry

Comment

that's what i am worried about, all the photo's i have seen are blue berries, do they start off red then turn blue, i am clutching at straws here.
        Rita

Comment

I don't think so, Rita. The shape is different too. You have honeysuckle - not honeyberry

Comment

i feel i have been robbed, i bought 3 plants off a magazine and i gave my sister one.
            Rita

Comment

Does your sister's plant look the same?
              How long have you had the plants? Was there any guarantee with them - either from the magazine or the supplier?

Comment

Originally posted by rita1 View Post
                i feel i have been robbed, i bought 3 plants off a magazine and i gave my sister one.
                You've not had a lot of luck with your fruit purchases have you Rita?

Comment

As a minor note of interest, the Honeyberry, whilst very edible, is a member of the honeysuckle family.
                  Ive neither grown nor tasted them, so cant help on that front....

Cheers,
                  Adam

Comment

Birds like honeysuckle berries. Only time I've seen bullfinches in my garden was on the honeysuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by rita1 View Post
                      that's what i am worried about, all the photo's i have seen are blue berries, do they start off red then turn blue, i am clutching at straws here.
                      Definitely not edible honeyberry. Do not even try to taste those. they should start green turning blueberry colour.
                      Request replacement plants from the magazine you purchased those.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X