Soft fruit suppliers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft fruit suppliers

hey there guys and gals looking to buy some soft fruits, (gooseberries, currants, blueberries, etc) and was wondering if anyone could refer me a good supplier that theyve used before as ive read some horror stories about places.

Cheers in advance

Im also looking to grow some unusual fruit varities(say 1.5-2m high at most) if anyone wants to give me some suggestions

I get mine from various suppliers if I see it but for mail order, I go for Blackmoors.

For unusual fruit; if you don't mind the spikes I'd recommend Japanese Wineberry. Any of the hybrid berries like Boysenberry or Tayberry do give lovely luscious fruits, and things like a Josta do give a nice tart berry.

Comment

I'm the same as Zaz for supplier. Don't go to the cheapo Bargain suppliers - too many bad reports on here!! I like Jostaberries as a thornless alternative to gooseberries.
      Don't forget that once you've got established plants, they are easy to propagate from cuttings so its better to buy 6 different fruits than 2 of 3 or 3 of 2, and multiply them up in a couple of years time.

Comment

jostaberries sound interesting, and there's a masive batch of loganberries growing beside me so was going to take some cuttings, as well as the wild raspberry(yum), was already ;looking at wineberries as well, as for suppliers anyone got any other ones they use?

Comment

Ive had good plants from ashridgetrees.co.uk
          Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

yeah had a look at their site before unfortunately they dont deliver to northern ireland

Comment

I have had a few deliveries from Blackmoor .. https://www.blackmoor.co.uk/index.php
              They deliver to Ireland and its all well packaged

Comment

going to order the wineberry and 20 raspberry canes off there any other sites would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Blackmoors often do offers...I got I think 6 wineberries at £1 each; you have to bide your time and leap on the spring or end of season sales.

Comment

hmmm may hold off if theres end of season sales cheers zazen999

Comment

just got a medlar/mulberry/strawberry tree and two gooseberries off 3fatpigs.co.uk ordered on friday delivered on tues good plants and the medlar even had some fruit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X