Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Guava Help

Hello

I’m New here, I’m from the UK, and would like to get some advice from you guys. I am a fruit lover, and I love to try all the fruit there are. I have tried quite a lot, However I really want to try Pink Guava, but I am unable to find this fruit to buy. I can go to any Asian store and they will sell me the Thailand Guava, it has a white flesh and is crunchy as opposed to the Pink soft and sweeter verdant of Guava.

I wondered if anyone can shed any light as to why this kind of Guava is hard to find, or am I looking in the wrong places for this fruit. I have tried, Indian and Chinese shops/supermarkets as well as trying to track this variant online but all I find online is Pulp.

I apologise if this post is in the wrong section or if I posted this on the totally wrong website, as I am aware this section is for “Fruit trees, bushes and vines in the spotlight” but I don’t know where else to ask. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

Where are you located? If you can go to asian market in Upton Park in East London, you can now get pink flesh Guava. It is I would say seasonal, not always available. During the few month we been getting it there.

Or if you would like a plant, there on ebay.de used to be for sale pink fleshed guava at £ 19.99

Comment

Hello Pineberry

Yeah I am aware that this fruit is likely seasonal, so I know that it it will only be available during some months, And I am located in the North West near Manchester. But it seems that when I travel to China Town or somewhere where the shops sell exotic fruits that relate to there high density of population of that ethnic group they just sell "White Guava"

Any Idea where I should look to purchase this fruit?

Thanks

Comment

I found Chilean guava: CHILEAN GUAVAS - James Wong's Homegrown Revolution Blog for the UK grower.

Pink guava grows in Florida: "Trees producing fruit with pink pulp are easiest to find in local [Florida] nurseries. Homestead, Hong Kong Pink, Barbi Pink and Patillo are some of the varieties"
        Growing guava is easy here | Breaking Highlands county news, local sports and events, and weather from Highlands Today | HighlandsToday.com | Highlands Today

Wholesale Guava Farm, Pink Guava, Purchase Guava - Sardina Farms, Inc have a good page. So, you're booking a holiday to Miami?
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Chilean Guava's a myrtle plant, with berries. Mine have never fruited but I'd expect them to be like blueberries.

Comment

Yes, ^^^^ they're tiny compared to "real" Guavas

Comment

Hello Everyone

Thanks for the reply’s, I guess I’m not going to be able to purchase this fruit from some sort of Asian store or something then, it seems like there is nowhere I can get this pink variant from. I was hoping that maybe someone could tell me why it’s hard to get seems they import the other sorts of exotic fruits. Inc the White kind.

Comment

If you are so desperate for pink guava, I will have a look for some seeds that I saved last month from it. If I find it I can post some to you if you wish.

Comment

Hello Pineberru

I'm sorry I think you guys misunderstand what I'm asking, I'm not a grower I can get the seeds if I need I mean I want to buy the actual fruit so I can eat

Sorry if there was confusion, and thank you for your kind offer anyway

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X