Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta take the positives out of it :) white blackberry

going to be interesting to taste !

was hoping for something a little more successful picture wise for the grow your own fruit fanatics, but this is the first year of growing it so maybe next year we,ll have something closer to perfection,

I got this via trading some rare varieties with an American collector,
    a white blackberry (bit of a paradox in terms)

I only managed to get 2 druplets on about 3 berries to form, the rest didn't form, I think this maybe to me growing it in the green house may have something to do with this, maybe next year putting it outside after the worst of the weather has passed and maybe growing a few other blackberries nearby may help in better formed berries,

bit difficult propagate, doesn't seem to root-tip, or root from cuttings , I have a few seedlings from another type of white blackberry so im hoping this might help in pollination to create a more perfect berry

stew
    Attached Files

No problems naming that one Swaine - its a whiteberry - or so I thought until I goggled it

Comment

ha ha, the whiteberry is DT BROWNS pre name for one of the white strawberries which they were looking for a name for, I wish I would have sent a name in now, ,
      I do have a few whiteberry strawberries from dt brown, I do like the white strawbs

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      No problems naming that one Swaine - its a whiteberry - or so I thought until I goggled it

Comment

Creamberry would be an attractive name - sounds so edible

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X