X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropical fruit from seed

If you want to have a bash at something different then check out

http://www.jungleseeds.co.uk/SeedOrd...d=38804.480706

Lots (but be careful which) can be overwintered outside even in the North of the UK, I have my eye on the Hibiscus sabdariffa to overwinter in my greenhouse (because I have a big enough challenge getting saskatoons to grow .
    --
    http://gardenfan.blogspot.com

The cost of heating is the main trouble GF, trust me!! How about growing a prickly pear, they'll stand the cold so long as they are dry and they are exotic looking
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

I'm trying a melon pear and physallis at the moment - have you tried these and if so were they successful?

Comment

I have Physallis seeds in damp kitchen paper at this moment but after 2 weeks there has been no movement. Does anyone know how long they take to germinate? They are being kept in the kitchen so are about 20 to 24 degrees. They are seeds I colected myself so there is no packet to read.
        Jax

Comment

I was about to ditch my physallis when only one of the 10 seeds decided to germinate. I think its a temperature thing at the moment. Anyway, it is still growing nicely but very slowly
          Bit of a labour of love this one!
          Mel x

Comment

Try wolfberry of chinese date they can survive temperatures below the freezing
            Dont judge a plant by it's pot.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X