small selection of raspberries
    Attached Files

a little labelled selction
    Attached Files

Comment

purple bred from American and Canadian selections
      Attached Files

Comment

may have mixed this one up, this one I got from someone a wild selected raspberry from Scotland and planted it next to some of my experiments, ooops , a nice yellow, ive named it as the Scottish one but sure they said it was a red fruiter,
        Attached Files

Comment

I didn't know they came in so many colours!

Comment

I had a good amount of raspberries this year from a cane I bought half dead at Homebase last year!
            Now it's stopped fruiting do I cut it right back? I have mine in a long trough planter, it's got 2 'old' canes and 1 new cane this year, do I need to be ruthless and cut it all down ready for next year? I didn't touch it last year so have lots of stems sprouting off the old canes

🐞Every ☁has a silver lining🐝Every 🌸 has a 🌿

Comment

In general, cut down canes to the ground after they have fruited. I expect that this year's new cane hasn't fruited, so leave it alone; it will bear fruit next summer.
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

The purple raspberries are an amazing colour Swaine. How do you rate the tastes of the different colours?
                I've only grown red and yellow and the yellow I find insipid and watery - like tasting sweet water.

Comment

Glen Coe is very sweet.

Comment

many thanks I bred the purple from American and Canadian selections,

even within there own colour say yellow fruited (which I have over 10 varieties ) flavour varies greatly from sweet to as you say insipid and watery they never seem to be all yellow bad and all purple good, they all vary
                    and I do find you can take a certain raspberries from outside into the polytunnel for different reasons and the temperature/humidity will either improve or destroy the flavour something to be aware of, I find allgold/fallgold berries are better flavoured when grown in polytunnel whereas they can be quite tangy and insipid grown outside
                    the purple pictured has real good flavour,

black raspberries are quite nice but can be seedy , a lot of people in America who I got plants from described there taste as like "overcooked boiled eggs" sometimes they can be a bit musky,

stew

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    The purple raspberries are an amazing colour Swaine. How do you rate the tastes of the different colours?
                    I've only grown red and yellow and the yellow I find insipid and watery - like tasting sweet water.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X