Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to rescue a drowned Goji Berry Bush?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to rescue a drowned Goji Berry Bush?

I bought a little Goji Berry bush this year having never grown them before. In the heatwave we had in July it tripped in size in only a fortnight. Unfortunately then we had a few storms. The dry ground couldn't absorb the rain quickly enough and the poor goji berry spent a day or two standing in a inch or so of water.

It obviously didn't like it because its lost all of its leaves and has gone very pale and limp. I moved it to a better draining area and left it for a few weeks hoping it would pick up again, but there's been no change.

Is there any hope to rescue it, or is it time to give up and dig it up?

Thanks

I think it would have been better to leave it where it was until it recovered.
    Firstly a lot of the roots would have suffocated, then by moving it you will have damaged any roots that were still alive.

However, in my experience goji berry plants are massively vigorous. More vigorous than grape vines and only exceeded in my soil by something like a Solanum crispum <Chilean Nightshade> <Chilean Potato> (THESE ARE NOT EDIBLE PLANTS - JUST AN EXAMPLE OF VIGOUR!).
    Goji's are quite capable of growing 2-3m per year. With ferociously high vigour comes a chance that it'll recover, if left alone and given time.
    Last edited by FB.; 27-08-2013, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I'll leave it where it is for the time being then. It's doing no harm so we'll see what happens over next few months.

Thanks

Comment

How is it now? I had the same problem, though not a Goji berry, and I'm not sure whether I should just leave it alone or replace it…

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X