free dwarf patio pear tree June 2013 magazine offer

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free dwarf patio pear tree June 2013 magazine offer

Being new to this grow your own scene, having purchased my first greenhouse I thought that I might find some useful info in the mag.

Also thought that I would take advantage of the free dwarf patio pear tree offer, it stated that the offer was with Thompson-morgan so I assumed would be ok.

The tree was not actually dispatched from them and was in what I would class poor condition - it looked like it had some sort of disease. Had I been buying from a garden centre I would have left it on the shelf.

It has now since died, the leaves all turned black then fell off.

Just wondering if anyone else had taken up this offer?

(I had thought about contacting T&M to complain but as it was a free offer don't know if I have any rights)
    Attached Files

Of course you have rights. Contact T & M and include your pictures.

Comment

The white specks on the leaves look like dried insecticide/fungicide as used by nurseries to keep trees healthy.
      The brown/black edges of the leaves look like it needs watering* - a common problem with plants shipped through the post while they have leaves on.

* under-watering or over-feeding can look the same

Dwarf (patio) trees are extremely weak and frail; that's why they stay small. They generally won't tolerate any kind of neglect - sometimes keeling over if they aren't watered for a week in summer. If you want one in a pot that you can neglect you will need a medium vigour rootstock (e.g. Quince A for pears) which will behave like a dwarf if not regularly fed, watered and sprayed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X