Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange fruit on my walk today

well this years fruit has been a bit cr*p.lol
    my strawberries were ok,had some white ones the ther day which are nice but very small,my chillies have failed terribly.
    flowers on the branches for 4 months,never opened.oh well try again next year.
    But the reason im writing this is today while walking home from the train station i saw what i thought was a bramble peaking up from under a fence but to my surprise it had what i xan only describe as have feathery leaves a bit like a cross between a poppy leaf and a fern leaf.im going out tomorrow to try cut a piece off the plants with fruit and leaves attached,anyone have any idea what it might be?cheers all

Thornless blackberry - like this?
    Blackberry Oregon Thornless Blackmoor Nurseries

Comment

yeah just like that! iv never seen a thornless blackberry before.i thought the leaves would of been roughly the same.thanks for that FB

Comment

I have a thornless "parsley-leaved" blackberry - I think it's Oregon Thornless - and most years I find a few seedlings here and there which have the unusual leaves, no thorns or thorns resembling raspberry-like bristles.

So the one you've found might be a seedling or it might be an escapee from someone's garden.

In my experience, thornless/parsley-leaved varieties are smaller and slower-growing than the wild types or the cultivated thorny types.

Comment

I have "Loch Ness". It has normal blackberry leaves.

Comment

Mine has normal leaves too but lovely big fruit!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X