Hi new to the site

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi new to the site

Recently retired and looking forward to growing my own fruit . Nervous or what!!!

Hello Uplandlady and welcome to the Grapevine.
    What sort of fruit are you growing? I'm sure someone here will be able to help you, whatever fruit it is!!
    Could you add your location to your profile please? Its helps with advice, as climate and types of soil very so much, even in the UK.

Comment

Hello and welcome!!
      Don't be nervous... you'll love it..
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks. Hoping to grow all sorts really. Got a couple of young fruit trees. 2 apple 1pear and 1 cherry. Think I need to pair cherry and pear with a partner each by reading other threads ??? Will need to buy them soon if that's the case. Also love gooseberries so I have planted a few bushes . Want to grow some berries probably raspberries and red currants but haven't as yet. Still getting my head around when where and how to plant / prune etc. never realised there was so much to remember.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Uplandlady
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello & welcome
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse

Originally posted by Uplandlady View Post
              Still getting my head around when where and how to plant / prune etc. never realised there was so much to remember.
              I've been at it years and still cant get my head round what to plant where and when and how to prune, so you are not alone.
              Roger
              Last edited by arpoet; 06-03-2014, 10:21 AM.
              Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Welcome, welcome
                You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the wonderful Vine.

Which bit of Land are you Up? Enjoy your retirement
                  Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome upland lady!
                    I have had my present garden for ten years and still find things I wished I had done ten years.My advice is to is to take a small note book and pencil with you and make notes! If you make a mistake at least you will know why.
                    I am about to order some stepover apples trees. If I done that ten years ago I would be eating apples.Still better late than never.Best wishes with your garden.BigV

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Uplandlady View Post
                      raspberries and red currants ...getting my head around when where and how to plant / prune
                      Both are incredibly easy plants, and well worth the effort

Get yersell a good book like Hessayon's Fruit Expert. It's the best £3 you'll ever spend
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. Will definitely keep notes. But want to plant as much as soon as possible. So taking as much advice on what is good and what is not so good with healthy enthusiasm !! I have got a reasonably large garden. Will post pics when I learn how to do so ! As I am late in starting my new found hobby I feel no time to waste so just going for it, will be posting my successes and otherwise in near future, ooooh can hardly contain myself !!

Comment

I would like to post a picture from my iPhone but unsure how. Can anyone explain in easy steps please??

Comment

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Upland Lady.
                            Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                            Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Welcome, I can feel your excitement, and I will tell you what, it never goes away.

As for your I phone, I am still using an old fashioned camera!
                              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X