No announcement yet.

No sign of life yet.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi im new to the site and even though I've grown veg for a few years now im new to raspberries. I myself planted cheap primocane "polka" roots late feb and I was wondering how long do they normally take to emerge? Should I buy some quality canes from somewhere else or should I persevere.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Janet
      About your raspberries have a little look around the base of the plants and you might see the shoots, I know i didn't spot mine at first.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

OBTW ive just scratched the cane and its all brown. all the way through..arrghhh.

Comment

Hi no ive just had a good look and there is nothing.. I scratched the cane and its brown all way through..

Comment

I make a point now with pound shop and aldi plants etc etc of only buying plants that show the start of green bud growth or pass the scratch for green bits test
            If its something in a pot I only buy on or around the day or so they are delivered as anything in a pot nobody ever waters them so it dies rapidly in a shop, bare root plants always get a scratch of the stems
            Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Hi starloc thanks for that... and no I will not be ordering anymore cheap plants. These raspberry roots were from garden 4 less.. Now I need to spend more money buying more.. lesson learned

Comment

Originally posted by AllInContainers View Post

The blue sausage fruit was just starting to open it's buds, but is now wrapped in fleece to protect from the frosts, and the fig is still wrapped up in all it's winter woolies
                Have never heard of blue sausage fruit before so I looked it up. Wow what a fruit. Where did you get it from?
                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X