Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get blueberry plants?

Hello!

Has anyone ever used a website to buy plants? i'm looking to buy a couple of blueberry plants and would like them to be 2/3 years old. Not having much luck in local garden centres/nurseries.

Would appreciate any recommendations

I got a good assortment from J Parkers earlier this year. One each of Dixi, Spartan and Gold Traube, and three Pink Lemonade. They are only young though, and will need bringing on for a year at least before I reap the rewards.

Comment

T+M have a few to choose from and they are a reasonable price for mature plants, there are some good offers on 9cm plants if you can wait a little longer for fruit. I have purchased all of my blueberry plants through T+M and they are all thriving, flowering this year after being bought as 9cm plants last year. I can't wait to see if I get any fruit this year.
      Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

I've used a few online suppliers: Ashridge, Crowders, T & M and Blackmoor. Of these, all were ok, but Blackmoor's plants (two fruit trees, some rootstocks and a Blueberry) were the best quality and the best packed. They've also been the most helpful in responding to follow-up questions.
        Take a look at my blog too

Comment

2nd for Blackmoor, my favourite nursery. good choice and helpful ! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by hellsbells979 View Post

Has anyone ever used a website to buy plants?
            lol, are you new to the internet by any chance?
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Ken Muir has 4 varieties but seems only 2 in stock.
              What I cannot see on it is the size or age of the bushes.

Stick an approximate location on and someone may be able to identify somewhere close to you.
              Last edited by Kirk; 13-05-2014, 12:29 PM.

Comment

You must have some poor garden centres/nurseries as they seem to be full of them round here. As stated above Blackmoor are good for online ordering and the new variety called Bluedrop seems to be popular.

Comment

I got my dixie and goldtraube from ebay store viridishortus.
                  Both good, strong, well packaged plants, dispatched within 24 hours.

I did originally order from J Parkers, but i cancelled because when i wanted to change my order, the reply said they couldn't because they were about to "go out today", 5 days later (more than 7 days after ordering), still they had not dispatched. I emailed them again and told them to cancel the entire order, they said they couldn't because the order was "about to go out right now", and i will have to just refuse it when the post man arrives. That is utter bs im not waiting for a postman just so i can refuse to accept the order. I told them if they send it they will be harassing me because they can stop the order RIGHT NOW, in their warehouse. I also pointed out the lies i had been told previously that my order was about to be sent 5 days ago. Somehow they managed to stop the order, but instead of refunding me directly they sent me a cheque so i still have to do work to get my money back. Really wouldnt reccommend J Parkers at all.
                  Last edited by davelaneward; 14-05-2014, 05:13 PM.

Comment

We got 2 pink lemonade blueberry bushes from Blackmoor nurseries
                    Excellent service , bushes came well packaged with some instructions for planting and feeding etc

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X