top crop

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top crop

I know that we hear all the gloom and doom about mild winters but my fruits have never looked better, everything is loaded with young fruit, gooseberries raspberries,plums,greengage,blackcurrant,bluebrries,peaches,apricots,strawberries,apples and pears, so hopefully we will be getting our 5 a day this year, even the asparagus has started to show already(just 3 so far) and we have already cropped and froze one lot of rhubarb so its happy days for me...so far..is anyone else having the same experience?...

Yep, good signs here too! The raspberries and strawberries are flowering, the redcurrants are doing well, and I even have one cherry on my maiden cherry tree That's all the fruit I've got growing this year but so far I'm impressed!

Comment

A few losses to waterlogging, but yes, on the whole the mild winter has been kind to our gardens.

It will certainly be a game changer if these mild winters become the norm.

Unfortunately not knowing if we'd get a late frost stopped people planting out their veg early. I've not had a frost here since December. Now, if I'd known ...
      Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
      Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFS View Post
        .is anyone else having the same experience?...
        Yes, looks very promising here. Massive potential plum crop after mild weather during particularly early blossom time for almost everything here in Mid Wales.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X