Who remembers eating dried fruit?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who remembers eating dried fruit?

Does anybody remember eating dried fruit as a child instead of sweets, if so can you tell me approx what year?
    (looking for an excuse to buy a dehydrator)
    Feed the soil, not the plants.
    (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
    Bob

Yes, I remember doing that, Bob.

Now let me think about which year it was

OK, got it - it would have been 2015, 'cos I still eat dried fruit like sweeties
    Always have done! You don't need an excuse, just buy one. You know you want to

Comment

I use to eat dried mixed fruit when I was little as my mom use to bake with it. Christmas was great picking over the dried fruit ready for xmas cakes
      I've been thinking of a dehydrator but don't know if I'd get full use out it or if it would just be stuck in a cupboard after a few weeks.
      sigpic

Comment

I tend not to keep much in the way of sweets/chocolate in the house, so if I really get the munchies for something sweet it will be dried fruit. Dates are a favourite

Comment

Banana chips, apple rings and dried apricots are still great Looking forward to this season with my new dehydrator

Comment

my grandson eats "pepper pig" raisins right now

Comment

Don't forget fruit leathers (roll ups, I think they are called) great for packed lunches.
              A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                Banana chips, apple rings and dried apricots are still great Looking forward to this season with my new dehydrator
                I thought ye olde fashionde way was to core the apple, slice it thinly, thread onto a piece of string and hang up to dry.

Comment

Always eaten dried fruit, didn't know it was an olden days thing!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Dried figs and dates at Xmas only.

Eat loads of dehydrated fruit these days...I too need a dehydrator!!!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Used to eat SunMaid raisins, but only if I was desperate and there wasn't any chocolate
                      What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                      Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Dried figs, which were threaded on string about 50+ years ago. My mum used to get them in Soho when it used to have loads of ethnic shops. Sadly they've all gone.
                        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Oh I like Fig Rolls - do they count?
                          What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                          Pumpkin pi.

Comment

I love dried prunes you can buy them in a decent sized tub from Lidl.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X