No announcement yet.

Who remembers eating dried fruit?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you eat 30 dried prunes whilst watching a film, you will end up on the toilet (if you can get there in time).
    Just thought you would like to know.
    (personal experience )
    Feed the soil, not the plants.
    (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
    Bob

Comment

Ah yes, the traditional box of dates from North Africa. Together with satsumas.

We had them every Christmas, without fail.

Not sure why though, as I don't remember that any of us particularly liked them!
      Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
      Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by FB. View Post
        I thought ye olde fashionde way was to core the apple, slice it thinly, thread onto a piece of string and hang up to dry.
        I don't fancy eating anything that has been air dried round here with the amount of flies we get

Comment

Ruth Stott (I think that was her name) from wartime kitchen garden used a sulphur candle to stop the apple rings browning as they dried.

Would that be the same type of sulphur candle for disinfecting a greenhouse then?
          http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by fishpond View Post
            If you eat 30 dried prunes whilst watching a film, you will end up on the toilet (if you can get there in time).
            Just thought you would like to know.
            (personal experience )
            Its ok I'll stick with having 4 or 5 of them on my morning porridge.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Dehydrated strawberries are a blast of sunshine in deep winter - if you can keep your hands off 'em that long. I have to hide the jars or OH scoffs it all.
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

We dry plums and apples from our trees and add some walnuts to make mixed bags we give away to friends and family. Also use the dried plums as a laxative but often I just eat them anyway. In laws always give us dried apricots too.

Often take something out in the garden when Im working, Fishermans Friends in winter, or just grab an apple in the summer. Spent a whole Sunday morning steadily working my way through a load of dry plums which wasnt a good idea after eating a pizza the night before which I'd leathered in chillies and tabasco sauce.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X