No announcement yet.

Aldi fruit trees

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see you posting again FB, welcome back.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      Nice to see you posting again FB, welcome back.
      Been caught up with a lot of stuff going on in our lives at the moment.
      Pipe leaked (poor quality plumbing when house was built) resulting in flooded kitchen and collapsing the ceiling and the repair work is highly complex.
      Our GP was concerned about something and has sent us both for various tests which have taken time for appointments.
      And broke my toes/foot injury (not gardening related), but due to working from home I'm still covering the childcare and things take longer (meaning less time to go on the net).

I had a similar 'outage' a couple of years ago due to lots of things going on.

Comment

Hope life is getting better for you now FB. We've missed you

Comment

OK I'll admit I bought Pears 'Santa Maria' and 'Butirra'. Don't know anything about these pears and there doesn't seem to be much information on the internet, anybody grown them before?

Now I'll also have to find where to put them.

Comment

bought a golden delicious as one of my trees did a big fat nothing last year is now a good time to plant it or should i put it in a pot for now

id prefer to put it straight in the plot if so should i still water it weekly now

Comment

Originally posted by astraman1 View Post
              bought a golden delicious as one of my trees did a big fat nothing last year is now a good time to plant it or should i put it in a pot for now

id prefer to put it straight in the plot if so should i still water it weekly now
              I'd plant it out, have you got an appropriate pollinator nearby? .............Online pollination checker for fruit trees if you're having the amount of rain I'm having, I don't think I'd bother watering............
              Last edited by Bigmallly; 06-02-2016, 09:57 AM.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

yes i have polinators near by thanks i shall get it out this afternoon

Comment

yes i have polinators near by thanks i shall get it out this afternoon all done planted in

first bit ive done on the plot this year

Comment

Been to my local aldi today bought an apple tree for my garden
                    Attached Files

Comment

been to aldi y'day. there were not any fruit trees/bushes..

Comment

My local wilkos also has bare root fruit trees now. Varieties look more sensible than Aldi, but they'e £7 and a lot of them are already leafing out in store, which isnt good given no water or soil...

Comment

Can't see anything on Wilkos site. What varieties do they have? May have to pay them a visit.

Comment

The ones I remember off the top of my head are Morello and I think Sunburst cherries, Discovery apple, and Czar and President plums. There were more though.

Comment

What time of year do Aldi have fruits? I noticed this was posted in Feb, and online a lot of it says around Feb time but my local Aldi didn't have any ;(

Comment

^^^Is there a chance they sold out quickly? my store didn't have as many this year as they did last year. I was also late to try and get citrus and they had gone quickly

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X