Strawberry no fruit joy

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberry no fruit joy

I bought this strawberry plant from Wilko store as bare roots and 3 of them. I've always imagined strawberry to be quite demanding so decided I could afford to lose £1.50 (for what I paid for the bare roots) if little or no strawberries are produced.

The bare roots have grown reasonably well and so far only one fruit that looks likely to be a decent strawberry. With so little fruits being produced per plant, I guess one has to grow at least a minimum of 15 plants just to feed a family of 2.5.

Fearing the birds would eat the fruits, the plants had been inside a plastic greenhouse for over a month but I'm wondering now if the condition wasn't ideal... too humid perhaps with presence of moss on the soil. Okay I have been feeding the plants with usual tomato feed too.
    Food for Free

I guess one has to grow at least a minimum of 15 plants just to feed a family of 2.5.
    You count your dd or ds as only half a person?
    "I got a business card, 'cause I want to win some lunches. That's what my business card says: "Mitch Hedberg, potential lunch winner."
    Gift ideas... fruit baskets or gardening kit?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X