not too dear

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not too dear

I bought some seeds yesterday at Home Bargains in Kilmarnock and picked up two packets with 6 different veg varieties in each, all types you would want, carrots, basil, cauli, etc and £2 per packet and there seems to be ample seeds in each labelled packet, even a fair amount in the pepper one, all we need now is a summer, then hey presto...

I hope they all germinate for you! Sounds like a bargain,I had the opposite kind of luck,I bought a magazine the other day (sister one of this mag) your easy veg garden,its about half the thickness in pages as grow your own,it had loads of free seeds,got to the checkout £8.00 these seeds aren't free!! £2.00 more expensive than grow your own magazine,free doesn't mean free. But I still bought it..

Comment

Aaaah, Jungle Jane, glad I'm not the only mug out there!!!
      Didn't realise it was the sister mag to GYO - feel totally taken in by the big strong plastic packaging. The "free" seeds weren't a bad selection, but the accompanying "magazine" a very insubstantial read. In fact a quick flick through and I know I shan't need to pick it up again.
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by BUFFS View Post
        I bought some seeds yesterday at Home Bargains in Kilmarnock and picked up two packets with 6 different veg varieties in each...
        That's what I did last year when I first got the allotment - bought a mixed salad pack from Wilko which had lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, radish etc in it and got some lovely results from them All except the peppers thrived...but that was my fault because I sowed them too soon then moved them to the polytunnel which was too chilly for them
        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

just had a proper look at the seeds, I only pulled out one pack, the peppers, and that was fine but today I took them all out to have a good look, oh dear, it seems that the peppers were the highlight , most of the weight seems to be packaging, sorry about that folks, that will teach me to check them all in future, I suppose there is no fool like an old fool..

Comment

If it's any consolation Buffs..

I once went to the butchers to buy 8 legs of venison, but it was two deer.

<*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X