Strawberry plants (little confused)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberry plants (little confused)

Every year around November - January, I remove all the dead strawberry plant leaves. Winter just gone, none of the strawberry plants died (guessing because of the warm winter) and the leaves are still green so I didn't remove them. Now that this years new growth is coming through, there's not much room to grow.

In Cardiff I think it only went below 0 about 3 times so a pretty mild winter.

Was I supposed to remove last years leaves even if they wernt dead?

Cheers

If you removed all the dead leaves earlier they will be fine.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by roitelet View Post
      If you removed all the dead leaves earlier they will be fine.
      I removed the dead ones, but left the ones which were still alive/green (which was practically most of them)

Comment

If any have died now take them off otherwise just leave them.
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I think removing dead leaves is just for tidiness and to reduce the risk of disease... if the leaves aren't dead or dying, just leave them, it won't affect your crop this year.
          He-Pep!

Comment

Rhys mine are all still green too - I wouldn't worry too much - they'll find room!

Comment

Thanks all. Removed all the dead leaves this morning and will let the rest be

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X