Indoor vine problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor vine problem

Hi all, My indoor ornamental vine ,container grown and 2 years old, isn`t happy. Healthy new leavea are now turning white ,becoming dry and brittle and falling off. The plant is in full sunlight in a heated domestic conservatory and is kept well watered . A similar problem occurred last year but was only temporary - this time, it seems worse. Any ideas as to what the problem/remedy could be ? Cheers Graham

Are you feeding it as well as watering ? after two years the soil will be depleated of nuetrients
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

What sort of vine is it, Graham? Not all vines like full sun. Kangaroo vine for instance, prefers temps of under 15C, philodendrons are not keen on full sun. In fact, I think a lot of vines prefer diffuse sunlight or dappled shade. They are plants that grow up other plants, so seldom get direct sunlight.

Also, you say you keep it well watered. In full sun in a heated conservatory damp soil will get hot. I keep all my houseplants on the dry side.
      Last edited by mothhawk; 16-04-2016, 08:28 AM.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Any chance of a photo of the affected leaves and the full plant?
        Welcome to the Vine!

Comment

Hello Graham and welcome to the Grapevine!
          Full sun and a heated conservatory may be too much for your plant! Sounds like the tender new leaves are being dried up to crisps. Try misting them to increase the humidity.
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 16-04-2016, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks

Many thanks for the ideas, folks lovely to have "met" you so to speak and will try dose of soluble plant food , The conservatory is shaded to a degree by material "blinds" suspended from the roof and is north facing but I will try improving the ventilation again
            Once again, many thanks Cheers Graham

Comment

Let us know how you get on.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X