Chilli problems.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilli problems.

Growing a number of Chilli plants - indoors.

2 faults could do with advice on .......... the plants came as a Chilli kit, including container.

After several months still no fruit .. loads of leaves.

In past week or sop loads of what I assume are mites of some form attacking the leaves .... they are certainly not red ... but are these red spider mites? - or whitefly, maybe aphids perhaps? ... whatever they are, what is best treatment.

You can zoom in and see they are white mites.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Argonaut; 29-07-2016, 12:49 PM.

Washing with warm soapy water is always my first choice, seems to sort must bugs out.
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

do you mean spray soapy water on or use a cloth ?

Comment

I have a cheap pump up sprayer & fill it from the sink after 'washing the dishes' to blast the greenfly from my sweet peas, but given the firmness of pepper foliage a cloth will work jus as well I would think.

Comment

After you have cleared the bugs it might be a good idea to give the plant/s a foliar feed, add a 1 teaspoon epsom salt to a gallon of water and shake it up well. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and then spritz the leaves and stems with the solution until thoroughly covered, every couple of weeks should be enough to see those yellowing leaves back to a good healthy condition

Comment

I'm meaner than BB! I give mine a wash under the tap. It's also worth putting them outside during the day and bring them back in at night for several days. I keep chillies indoors too but if you get an infestation like that it's difficult to get rid of. The move outside should help, they don't seem to like the change/outdoor weather.

Comment

I wiped the leaves with soapy water with a cloth ... huge numbers came off.
              Still not clear but reduced.

I have given it a spray with veg safe bug killer - not sure if that will help.

Some leaves how signs of damage eg:

Attached Files

Comment

If you can keep the numbers down or get rid of them the plant should recover. Give it a feed, diluted tomato feed will be ok. Plenty of time for some flowers/fruits yet.

Comment

One way I use on chilli plants indoor is to go outside and grab a ladybird or 2 and put them on the plant.
                  They'll munch their way through loads. Putting the put outside seems to sort it a fair bit as well.

Comment

If there are not too many damaged leaves you could cut off the worst of them.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X