No announcement yet.

Help, Please..!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bits of "twig" might be busy underground sending out roots.

Comment

next week I will be cutting some 10ins stems off my blueberries and shove them into the greenhouse border and see if they flourish as all he other types have, I only bought one goosegog and one blackcurrant stem in a poundshop and now have 12 goosegog and 17 blackcurrant bushes, so that was a good buy...

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        The bits of "twig" might be busy underground sending out roots.
        ------yes, that's what I was thinking, too ..............
        ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
        a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Forgot - should I leave the plastic bags over them still...?
          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

...........plastic bags were left in place, been watering(using collected rain water) into saucer from below ........and it looks like I have 4 very black, dead bits of twig in pots.
            The one that previously looked like it had new growth on the top, looks totally 'dead' now ....
            Not sure at what stage I've gone wrong ~ and what to do next time ......
            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

I tried out planting cuttings from my blueberry bush today. I cut the new growth about six inches long and scraped the outer layer off the cut ends. I then dipped them in rooting compound and stuck them in a flowerpot standing in a small tub of water. We won't have any rain before the end of October so I use the condensed water from the airconditioners instead of rain water. I hope the cuttings will take. I have a couple of seed trays I have made from the boxes of the obsolete 1.44 Mb floppy discs. The bottom of these boxes which held, if I remember correctly, a couple of dozen discs, have slots cut in them and I just place the boxes in a flat tray and add water. I use a peat-based potting mix. Last week I planted freesia seeds and to my amazement I now have a couple of six cm shoots.

Comment

Good luck with your cuttings,just a couple of points to add,in England blueberries are grown in ericatiuse compost,and are only watered with rain water,as they will die,i should think that would be the same world over,but stand to be corrected if am wrong.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X