Types of Grapes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deltawhiskey View Post
    Are you growing it indoors or in a very sheltered, sunny spot or relying on global warming? It isn't one of the varieties recommended for the UK because of the long period required for ripening. But good luck to you Cabernet is my favourite tipple.

David
    no its outdoors ,on wires and i gave it a good mulch but appart from training it on the wires its going to be left to do its own thing , when i bought it i looked at out door types and was sure it was an out door type .i`ll have to double check
    The Dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by the big lebowski View Post
      no its outdoors ,on wires and i gave it a good mulch but appart from training it on the wires its going to be left to do its own thing , when i bought it i looked at out door types and was sure it was an out door type .i`ll have to double check
      Hi Lebowski,
      It is definitely an outdoor grape and you may in a good year ripen some grapes if it is in a good sunshine area. Better red varieties for the UK for wine would be Rondo or Regent. Make sure you do not leave too many bunches on the vine to give it a better chance to ripen some. Do talk to often, it preferably in French or with a French accent. ��

David

Comment

@Jayell I have a question regarding your chardonnay, what does it actually look like ? the leaves I mean, because I bought a lemon tree and a chardonnay grape plant a few years ago, and planted them in the garden and a family member decided they wanted to try out "gardening" and came, moved my plants from the back and binned one of them, now I have a thick plant with loads of tiny leaves, no scent, no flowering, nothing so I have no idea,
        Bojack : One day, you’re gonna look around and you’re going to realize that everybody loves you, but nobody likes you. And that is the loneliest feeling in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Nubber View Post
          @Jayell I have a question regarding your chardonnay, what does it actually look like ? the leaves I mean, because I bought a lemon tree and a chardonnay grape plant a few years ago, and planted them in the garden and a family member decided they wanted to try out "gardening" and came, moved my plants from the back and binned one of them, now I have a thick plant with loads of tiny leaves, no scent, no flowering, nothing so I have no idea,
          If it's a grape it should have produced long vines that can't support themselves but are able to cling to and climb over other plants, fences, trees, etc. A lemon tree might not survive winter outdoors in the UK

Chardonnay leaves look like other grape leaves - palmate (shaped a bit like a hand) with the back lobes forming a semicircle round the petiole

A lemon tree would have pinnate leaves (shaped a bit like a spear tip)

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X