Egremont russet

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egremont russet

New tree, fruit looking good but do they usually look like this at this stage (i.e. predominantly smooth and red rather than rough and russety)?
    Attached Files

Yep, just let them get on with it, and don't be too hasty picking them, let them develop their lovely flavour, my russet tree is showing fruits just like yours and a really heavy crop if the june/july drop is not too heavy, so the hard bit is patience, it helps me that my blackcurrant bushes, all from one pound land stick, will need to be picked tomorrow, now 13 bushes I think.OH makes all the mousses,yoghurts and ice creams from them, I know , its a hard like but someone has to do it...

Comment

Yep, just let them get on with it, and don't be too hasty picking them, let them develop their lovely flavour, my russet tree is showing fruits just like yours and a really heavy crop if the june/july drop is not too heavy, so the hard bit is patience, it helps me that my blackcurrant bushes, all from one pound land stick, will need to be picked tomorrow, now 13 bushes I think.OH makes all the mousses,yoghurts and ice creams from them, I know , its a hard life but someone has to do it...

Comment

Brilliant thanks I was worried tree might not be true to name. Good luck with blackcurrants - one of the more forgiving berries to harvest.

Comment

thought I'd let you see my Egremont Russet young apples, on a 26 year old tree in Somerset. There are hundreds of fruits, but only one has a trace of red. The serrations on the leaf edge look similar though.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	JRL070717i8256ER.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	2373543 Click image for larger version

Name:	JRL070717i8257ER.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2373544
          Last edited by yummersetter; 08-07-2017, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks, that's very helpful. My more shaded fruits look pretty similar to that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X