growing in the forest

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by It never rains..it pours View Post
    Yep, 2006 was our last proper summer, now we have winter,short spring, summer fortnight, autumn, winter, global warming?, are they taking the p*** or what?..

Comment

When did you get the summer fortnight?
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

My plot is on the edge of a forest. You just have to work with it rather than try to master it. Because there are no coniferous trees I basically have two seasons, one with a leaf canopy and one without.Problem is, the time its unshaded is in the winter!

I concentrate on winter crops because the plot isn't shaded then. I basically have a summer side and a winter side. Any and all winter crops will do well on the winter side but summer crops perform better on the summer side.
        Any winter crops that aren't brassicas go on the winter side and brassicas and few other hardy souls will grow on the winter side during the summer.

I am awash with fallen leaves at the mo, but the Oak trees still have to drop there's yet.

Takes a bit of planning, but it makes gardening more interesting!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
          When did you get the summer fortnight?
          you don't get it all together, you just count the days when its not raining or dark, we can usually count them without taking your socks off, that says it all doesn't it..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X