Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Very First Califlower.

My Very First cauliflower

2 Pictures of my very first ever Califlowers grown.Sunday i havest 2 very large Califlowers and will pots a picture soon.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...1964/018-1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...1964/001-1.jpg

{Updated}

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...lot_19641.html
    Last edited by Julian; 14-07-2008, 02:56 PM.

looks lovely - mine look a bit ill... enjoy

janeyo

Comment

Very nice! Can I ask, are yours near to the ground? Mine one and only is on a stalk about 10" off the ground and the head hasn't filled out like yours has. I wonder if I should earth it up...

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
        Very nice! Can I ask, are yours near to the ground? Mine one and only is on a stalk about 10" off the ground and the head hasn't filled out like yours has. I wonder if I should earth it up...
        Hi Becki,
        I planted mine well into the ground of the vegetable plot.Proper soil preparation, careful planting and regular watering are not only very important but essential. Failure to carry out these basic husbandry measures when learning how to grow cauliflower will mean the production of tiny `button` heads and frustration at your wasted effort.I would suggest to earth yours up and put yours into the ground.Transplant the cauliflower plants in the evening to minimise distress and to make a quicker recovery and as well as proper soil preparation put down alot of mulch around your cauliflower which will work wonders.Hope my advice is of some use as i am only a newbie at this

Thankyou Janeyo Had cauliflower cheese with a lovely white sauce added with herbs from the garden such as mint.
        Last edited by Julian; 14-07-2008, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
          Hi Becki,
          I planted mine well into the ground of the vegetable plot.Proper soil preparation, careful planting and regular watering are not only very important but essential. Failure to carry out these basic husbandry measures when learning how to grow cauliflower will mean the production of tiny `button` heads and frustration at your wasted effort.I would suggest to earth yours up and put yours into the ground.Transplant the cauliflower plants in the evening to minimise distress and to make a quicker recovery and as well as proper soil preparation put down alot of mulch around your cauliflower which will work wonders.Hope my advice is of some use as i am only a newbie at this
          Thanks for the advice, I'm going to have to do a bit of remedial work aren't I - ahh well, it's half the fun.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X