No announcement yet.

2008 Showcase RESULTS

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Wow!! Congrats to all who won and placed anywhere! I was bowled over when I spotted a 2nd place on the 3 spuds, then amazed when I spotted another 2nd place for 3 onions, then totally chuffed to bits when I spotted 2 firsts, for the rhubarb and cukes, plus a 3rd place for the garlic!! Made up now, my whoops brought Mr D running from the kitchen to see what was wrong! Lol!

Thanks to all the team who organised, ran and judged the competition, well done to you all! Can we have another for next year please?
    Last edited by Mrs Dobby; 29-10-2008, 09:37 PM.
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Can't believe I got first with my onions, I only grew about a dozen in all! Well done to everyone who entered and thanks to those who did the judging.
      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

congrats to everyone involved, either entering or organising, a great deal of fun. I love seeing everyones efforts and it just goes to show that you don't have to grow things to veg show standards to be a part of it, just look at some of my efforts
        Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
        Bob Dylan

Comment

Well Done All!!~so are the drinks on you??!!
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Oh OH Oh (like in Harry met Sally!!!) - I GOT A FIRST!!!! I am sooooooo chuffed, and a second - YAY!!!

Wish I got around to posting the pics of my cabbage that you all had cabbage envy over but for a start I am well pleased.

Thanks for running the comp and well done to all my pals on here who got placed - commiserations to those who didnt. See you all here next year eh!

Tammy
            Tammy x x x x
            Fine and Dandy but busy as always

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done

Stay at home Mum (and proud of it) to Bluebelle(8), Bashfull Bill(6) and twincesses Pea & Pod (2)!!!!

Comment

I'm just beside myself . I got
              2 Firsts
              2 Seconds
              4 Thirds
              and I started this garden from nothing in March. Well done Alice
              And a very big congratulations to all the other winners. I know how chuffed you will be. And thanks to everyone who entered and organised it and made it fun. Well done everybody

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Woohoo I won!! Congrats to all who entered and placed.
                http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

WOW!
                  I'm well chuffed
                  And congratulations to all the other winners - Alice, Mrs D & kernowyon, you all did really well And nice to see the newer members getting stuck in too.

Seahorse, you are a star! I know things have been a bit 'iffy' behind the scenes, but you've come through for us again.

THREE CHEERS FOR SEAHORSE!!!

Hip hip hooray!!

Comment

Yay, I got a first....so I might have been the only entry in the class but I still won! Got a few seconds & thirds too so I didn't feel too bad!
                    Well done everyone & thanks for orgainising it Seahorse!
                    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Good job it's only for fun eh Seahorse, just think what it would be like if this lot took it seriously

Well done all and remember that it's the people that don't win that make the show and the winners make it just that bit better

( and before you ask I didn't enter so it don't apply to me)
                      ntg
                      Never be afraid to try something new.
                      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                      ==================================================

Comment

WOW!!! I got a second with my beans I'm well chuffed, never entered anything like this before. Whooooohooo.
                        Thanks Seahorse for doing this for us all xxxx
                        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
                          Yay, I got a first....so I might have been the only entry in the class but I still won! Got a few seconds & thirds too so I didn't feel too bad!
                          Well done everyone & thanks for orgainising it Seahorse!
                          Same here... I'm so pleased, especially as this is my first year growing. OH laughed at me taking photos of everything, but I'm so glad I did. Thanks to the organisers and everyone who entered and well done to everyone who placed.
                          pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

My first ever entry and I got second place for my long bean. Am so chuffed

Well done everyone and especial thanks to the organisers and judges. Can't wait for next year.

Comment

Well done everyone!

Comment

thank you judges for my first place
                                ---) CARL (----
                                ILFRACOMBE
                                NORTH DEVON

a seed planted today makes a meal tomorrow!

www.freewebs.com/carlseawolf

http://mountain-goat.webs.com/

now in blog form ! UPDATED 15/4/09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X