Please, please, please Mods....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
    Says the person who pipped me to first place in the tomato section. I am still bitter ya know
    Yeah, but the Tommies weren't bitter!

I did only win one class, incidentally, and I entered several. I didn't expect to get anywhere, having never done anything like it before, and being new to growing.

I will be having a go again this year - can't wait!
    Last edited by Glutton4...; 01-05-2010, 05:47 PM.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
      I have never been an exhibitionist. In fact have never had anything to shout about so does it matter how small or how big or maybe just how beautifully formed to be eligible
      What about the Hot Tub photo!!!!!!!?
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Oooooh yes yes yes, I won one or two (can't remember) last year was soooooooo proud of myself especially after the previous one. Am growing loads in anticipation.
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

It was great fun(especially weird veg section-TS,I'll remember your PFA for long)but probably a lot of work for the mods.As for the chooks-maybe you chook keepers could choose the best time for a show-if it's at different time for a year than veg show then it would be better-less work for he mods at the same time.
          BTW,I had 2 3rd places and I'm proud of it-I never thought in my life I'd enter a veg show(even online)
          Yes,veg show,pleaaaase

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            What about the Hot Tub photo!!!!!!!?
            I was only washing my hair fgs

Comment

Nobody has queried Birdie Wife's "Fluffiest Knickers" category???

So we have Fluffy Knickers and Hot Tubs. Did the Vine go throught some changes recently?
              Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Still waiting to hear from Admin/Editorial whether thay are doing anything this year... I did ask ages ago. Feeling a bit of déja vu going on here...

Comment

If they miss this opportunity they would need their heads examining!!! The marketing potential would be absolutely huge!!!
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Mmmmm. But if it was a mag. thing, it wou;d be quite complicated to co-ordinate entries I imagine, and you might have to have 'proper' judges etc. At least if we do it ourselves, it's just us eh?

I don't think anyone is madly harvesting yet, but if anyone is, just photograph to last year's categories (the original ones, not the way we had to split for voting ).

Comment

Any further news on whether we're going to have a 'show' this year? I've been photographing a couple of things just in case, not that I'm competitive or anything!
                      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Yup...

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...0-a_48691.html

Comment

Thanks Andrea, must get some glasses, I didn't see it 'stickied' at the top!
                          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X